4.20.2010

The blogger formerly known as Smashie

If you're reading this post (from my blog, not in your reader), then you probably have noticed my new banner...and new title.  If you are reading this post from your reader, swing by the blog and give it a look.  Why the change?  Queue the long and drawn out explanation in 3, 2, 1:

A lot has changed over the past year.  I play WoW about a quarter of the amount of time that I used to, which has left me with a lot more time for enjoying the better things in life.  Things like my family, my fiancée, my friends, my health, my hobbies, and my community.  While I got a real enjoyment and satisfaction out of playing WoW, I had let it become a distraction to me.  It never got to the point of missing work, or ignoring my woman, or gaining 100 pounds and acne, but I did invest a lot of time and energy into something that I will never truly see a return on.

I find it appropriate that since my gaming interest and "career" has taken a different direction, and since my blog has taken a bit of a different direction since its inception, that I rename it to something a bit more reflective of my interests.  I want this blog to be more about me, my hobbies, my stories, and my LIFE.  Not that of my Paladin on WoW.  So I can hear you asking yourself "What the hell does Medwards mean?"  How can I hear what you're saying?  I'm standing outside your window, but never mind that.

Medwards is my first initial and last name.  Michael Edwards.  It was a name given to me as a computer login at a former job, and people there found it humorous and started calling me that every now and then.  So there you have it.  I know this will probably cause confusion in the long run, seeing as I show up as Smashie on other's blogrolls and links, but thats alright.  I'll probably be commenting as Smashie for the remainder of the week, then officially switch to medwards.  It's a process, you know?

2 comments:

  1. Medwards for some reason reminds me of Squidward on Spongebob.

    It seems to always be a trend for most gaming bloggers including myself. I initially started with a niche game, and decided a general blog is so much nicer.

    It is nice to be able to talk about multiple games, topics, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I completely agree! It is refreshing to unload all of my personal frustrations and ideas on all of my unsuspecting readers >:)

    ReplyDelete