4.19.2010

Introducing the 4th generation iphone


Holy nerdgasm, batman!  The "iphone 4g" has made a surprise appearance on all of the tech websites on the internets today.  Who would've thought?  If this is in fact a leak (I have my doubts), I know Apple and Steve must be absolutely livid right now.  Some of the new and bold features this phone includes:
  • Sleeker look.  The back is no longer beveled, and the former plastic trim is now metallic.  The back of the phone appears to have a glass or ceramic look to it, which gives the phone huge sex appeal, in my opinion.
  • It is a tad heavier, yet thinner than the 3gs
  • Front facing camera (make way for video-calling apps)
  • A better camera on the backside with an LED flash.  I would imagine this will be at least a 5mpx camera, possibly an 8mpx.  
  • Dual microphones (presumably for noise cancellation)
  • MicroSIM slot
The guys at gizmodo seem pretty confident that this is in fact the iphone of 2010.  I don't doubt the legitimacy of that claim, because they are the pro's, but I'm a bit skeptical that this thing was lost in a random bar, and somehow landed in the hands of one of the largest tech websites around today.  Also, I don't think this iphone will be known as the "iphone 4g."  While this will be the iphone 4g, as in the 4th generation of the device, I think that would cause confusion with the coming of the 4g network on Sprint's network.

Will I be getting this phone?  I'm not sure.  At the present moment, I doubt it.  I have grown quite cynical of Apple, Steve Jobs, and the way that they do business.  Apple has a lot of power in the mobile market at the present, but I think that their close-minded CEO and their restrictive nature as an employer will have a negative effect on their company and their products in the long run.  But hey, if I buy an Android device and am not happy with it, I will definitely be carrying around one of these puppies (given the iphone on Verizon rumors are legit) in the future.  No matter who runs the company, or how they run it...as a consumer, if you put out the best product on the market, I will buy it.  I will admit that the manliness and clean edges of this phone is very appealing to me.  If you want to know more about this iphone on steroids, head on over to gizmodo and check out the exclusive article, chock full of pics and video.


Update:  The rumor is now that the new iphone will be tagged the iphone HD.  

3 comments:

  1. No matter what, I am getting the 4th gen iPhone. I've had my 2G iPhone for almost 3 years and it is time to get a new one. My phone is the best tech thing I have ever owned. All these rumors I have heard the past month or so. I'm sure this is real deal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm 99% convinced that this is the 4th gen iphone. No doubt about it man, you will not be disappointed in your purchase. This takes everything great about the iphone 3gs and makes it even better. And to be honest, you will probably feel more comfortable typing and blogging from the heftier and sleeker design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That and I can take sexy pictures of myself better

    ReplyDelete