3.20.2010

DAW: Developer Appreciation Week


Game developers are very often targets of incredible amounts of nerd rage.  If you have ever read the Warcraft Forums on the day after a Paladin nerf, you have seen first hand the personal insults, name calling, and douchebag comments made directly at the Blizzard dev team.  This takes place in almost every MMO community where there is an interaction between developer and customer.  It is really quite sad how someone can enjoy a game for days, hours, and years, and constantly criticize and insult the very people who invest time and money into the game that they love.

Scarybooster, a blog that I frequent, has come up with a great idea that will show thanks and appreciation to game developers.  He has declared next week as Developer Appreciation Week.  Each day next week, he will choose a different game developer that has influenced the games he plays, and recognize them for their contributions to the games that they have developed and their hard work that has played a part in providing many hours of entertainment for many of people around the world.  He is also encouraging other bloggers to contribute to the DAW effort by writing a single blog post, any day next week, to say thank you to a developer who you appreciate.

I have chosen who I will be writing about, and I am excited to talk about the influences they have had in the games that I have played for many years.  Bet you can't guess who it is :)

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on all your posts. I'm a slacker sometimes. I will lump all my comments into 1 if that is ok.
    1. Gratz on the engagement
    2. Keep your blog. There are so many out there it is hard to become "famous" it is about the love of writing. 20 people checking in on your blog is amazing. That is 20 people that love what you write. If the blog becomes a pain it is always nice to take a break. Just tell your readers to add you to rss and you'll be back soon. I love your thoughts. I'm just lazy at checking in on other blogs. My mind is always racing on things to write, I forget there is a nlogsphere out there.
    3. I can't wait to see who you write about. I would like to make a lust of bloggers that do it so I can link them to a final DAW post.
    4. Thanks for the link love and reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete