4.06.2010

Starcraft II beta


Over the easter weekend, I received my beta key from blizzard for Starcraft 2.  I never played the original Starcraft, and to be honest, I've never really played any games in the RTS genre.  But after playing the beta for about 4 hours, I was hooked.  I haven't been sucked into a game like that since I started playing WoW.  It can be frustrating, due to the learning curve that I'm on though.  It seems like everyone who is playing the game is a pro.  I can't really practice vs the cpu because very easy is the only option available in beta.  So I play online, and get whipped almost every single game.  But even still, its fun.  I hope to become a much better player in the near future.  We'll see how that goes I guess.

I can't help but think about Cataclysm being right around the corner.  These games must be releasing fairly close to each other, and to be honest, I think I'm more exited about the SC2 release than I am about Cataclysm.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing Cataclysm and probably will eat these words when it comes out, but I'm just excited to be getting into something that is completely new to me.  Not just a new story line or a new game, but a whole new genre in general.  It's exciting.  I'll be going over a few of my favorite features of Starcraft II in detail in a future blog post.  What games are you guys looking forward to for 2010?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't played starcraft in a really long time. How is the gameplay on the new one? I've been very curious about it but, I've kind of been waiting to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beta is very impressive. The gameplay is smooth and engaging, and the graphics are a giant step up from SC1.

    ReplyDelete